Weekly Mandala Guidance
Weekly Guidance With Your Mandala
Mandala means 'circle' in Sanskrit and are created for many different reasons, including to hold energy. Each week, I will created a mandala to hold the energy this community, drawing on Daily Co-Creation cards to guide the week. Every Sunday afternoon, at 4.30pm AEST, I hold a Sacred Drum ceremony and teaching circle on Facebook live which is also held by the weekly mandala, usually created on the same day. Everyone is invited to create their own weekly space and energy holding mandala, using crystals or found objects in nature to layout the directions of the Sacred Circle Map of Consciousness. Follow these easy steps:
Steps For Mandala Creation
- Gather your crystals or objects to create your mandala. Let your intuition guide you. You will need nine of these for your foundational circe. If yo take an y objects from Nature, search for those on the earth if you can. If you pick anything from plants and trees, make sure you give thanks as you go. I like to greet and ask a blessing to do this from the spirit of the plant or tree.
- Find the right place in your home where you can lay out your mandala. Lay out a cloth as a base.
- Create a circle of Intention by marking out the four Cardinal Directions, East, North, West, South. Each direction will have an association. Choose and object to represent each of these directions. For now, you can use the directions I teach to guide you, however you may develop or be taught other directions. In Australia, the sun moves from East to North, to West, to South, In the Southern Hemisphere, it moves from East, to South, to West to North. It is best to layout your mandala Sun-wise, according to where you live as this is the way energy moves. The aspect of each cardinal direction is explained in the next step.
- East is Spirit, the place where you are reminded of your identity, values and purpose. North represents your Body and world of Physical Health and Wealth and world comforts. West holds space for your Heart and loving connections. South guides your Mind, communication and focus.
- The Centre is your intention for creating the mandala. All other directions support this intention. Choose an object to represent your intention for today, or for the week.
- Place other objects around the centre creating a circle as you join the four directions. You can call in what you need to support your quest and/or each direction (supporting your spirit, body, heart and mind) with each object that you lay down.
- It is always a good idea to bring gratitude into your mandalas. I like to surround the mandala with a circle of gratitude for what I have supporting me. This can take time. You can integrate gratitude as you lay out each direction. Keep it simple or make it as complex as you like.
- If you have cards for guidance, you can shuffle them and ask for a card for each direction to guide you as to what you can do today to walk more consciously and to support your intention. I do this every day, using the mandala to hold this energy. I change my mandalas each week to clear and refresh the space in my home.
- Stand back and look at you mandala and absorb its energy in to your own field with your breath and intention. Connect with the central intention that you have named and say a co-creation mantra of invitation: I invite in (name your intention) today, may it find it way to me now with ease and grace, let it be so, and so it is, thank you.
- Visit your mandala often to remind you of your intention, and to recharge your energy field.
This Week's Shamanic Mandala Guidance
04.04.2021 = 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13/4
Happy Easter Sunday, and recent Passover Blessings to all.
I have taken a little more time with this gift for you, given this special Number 4 day.
Four in numerology urges us to get straight into things – to focus on desired outcomes and move past limiting beliefs by balancing out your fears with reason based on your understanding of your past successes. You have been through so much and you can reason you can do this again. Number 4 brings stability to whatever you are finding challenging in this moment. A quote on my 2021 Vision/Co-creation-board supports this with” Don’t overthink it, just do it!”.
In astrology, the Sun is currently in the sign of Aires. Aires governs the first house and is concerned with matters of Self – self-worth, self-growth, self-love, self-identity, purpose and so on. Cheetah, sharp and quick to move and to take advantage of any opportunity that arises, is often seen as looking over this house. The planets and asteroids Venus, Eris, Ceres, and Chiron are also presently aligned with Aires. Aires is a fire sign, and governed/guided by the planet Mars. Mars has the ‘Cardinal’ mode assigned to it, which reflects also the number four, in that it encourages you to move into life in an empowered way, rather than away from it. A mode is a bit like the driving character of a planet.
More about the other planets in The World Above at present influencing what is unfolding down on Earth:
Venus: Planet – Goddess of Beauty and Bounty and Love, almost always bright in the Sky, this planet watches lovingly over us at this time.
Eris: A new planet (I love that we are discovering new cosmic forces at this time), its archetype is the Goddess of War, the feminine warrior side of aggression and assertiveness. However, being in its fullness in the sign of Cancer, it has a sensitive, gentle, loving side and an affinity with birth, guided by the element of water and the Grandmothers in the moon. The presence of Eris brings feminine balance to Mars, God of War, energies. The recent marches for women come to mind. Peaceful activism.
Ceres: A very small planet, often referred to as an asteroid, and is charged with super-intense sensitivity that can react or respond in very different ways, depending which sign it is currently influenced by. Like the moon, it amplifies current energies. Currently in Aires, it is focusing on self-awareness, self-nurturing, assertiveness, authenticity, freedom and backing your own ideas and dreaming.
Chiron: An asteroid that has the Wounded Healer archetype, Chiron has been in Aires since 2019 and will be there for some time yet, so do your best no to resist its gifts of great self-awareness. We find ourselves asking important existential questions under its influence with an Aires determination to find the answers: Who am I and who do I really want to be? Why am I here and what is the difference I can make at this time? What is next and how can I manage (even control perhaps) the unknown?
Wisdom From The Daily Co-Creation Cards
Looking at the cards in the four directions and centre today that I pulled to support this mandala, we will use these, plus the ‘whispers’ from my inner guidance, as a way to pull all the signs and symbols mentioned above together:
North: Beauty (Bounty also showed up in the card which was faced downwards next to Beauty).
Carnelian, citrine, clear quartz, red jasper, and rose quartz.
The Overall Message for this Week’s Shamanic Mandala Guidance.
Whenever you are faced with challenges this week, think of them as opportunities for expanding your self-awareness, your capacity to trust yourself, and your determination to forge ahead while being aware of the past. Chiron is bringing out the Wounded Healer in us all. Have the confidence that by looking back in order to expand and heal you will not to be swept back into the past, but will become greatly aware and empowered by the wisdom healing, and compassion gained from embracing the gifts from past experiences. Be consistently optimistic, not just now and then. Be consistently respectful in your thoughts of yourself, and others. Be consistently aware and grateful for all the beauty and bounty that surrounds you, gifted by Venus.
Pick up your sword of fire, and protect yourself with your shield of love, guided by the Goddess Eris, as you bravely step into what shows up. Ceres will alert you to anything that you need to side step, Cheetah will provide the medicine and energy to do whatever is required to recover, rebalance and forge ahead.
The crystals made themselves clearly known to me and bring medicine of groundedness, wealth, energy, passion, fire, protection, and unconditional, healing love.
Please follow these references (gratitude for these) and links if you wish to find out more.
You can find more about The Daily Co-Creation Cards by following the tab below.
Daily Co-Creation Cards Information
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN RECEIVING MORE INFORMATION ON LEARNING HOW TO INTEGRATE MANDALAS INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE AND PRACTICES IN SO MANY CREATIVE WAYS