This beautiful way reminds us to be Joybringers at every opportunity. So often we look for joy outside of ourselves, instead of seeking ways each day to create and be in joy, from our heart – generously; our heart in union with our spirit, and the Great Spirit. Living joyfully is living, loving, and leading in a spirited way.
The shamanic way reminds us that we only ever have two outcomes from how we think and act on our path – one will create light energy and one will diminish and deplete it. Focusing you intention each day to create light energy will assist you on your mission of Hei Le’a (pronounced Hee Lay Uhh!).
We discussed attitudes as a means to stay in your power in The Third Way, and we revisit this concept here. The attitude of Gratitude is a primary attitude to support Hei Le’a, along with a Glass Half full attitude – an Attitude of Bounty and Abundance – and an Attitude of Delight! Delight and gratitude for the simple things in life.
Step out to serve rather than be served – to love rather than yearn to be loved – to affirm instead of searching for approval – to allow rather than seek – to create joy through loving kindness and generosity of spirit rather than expect others to make you happy. These are the way of Hei Le’a.
Generosity of spirit is the essence of joy. Having a joyful spirit so that when you walk in the room it actually lights up. You know people like that! They walk in the room and they are delighted to be there and everyone wants to be near them. The Dalai Lama has such energy – Mother Teresa too. I have been in the same room as these dear Joybringers – Bringers of Light and Love, and can never forget how I felt in their presence. They radiated love, peace, and joy and were fully present with everyone in the room.
Let’s look at some simple ways you can create joy in your life:
· Smile often – a smile will set you free!
· Set out to make someone else smile – and to set them free!
· Develop a great sense of humour. Laugh at life! Don’t let it overwhelm you – have a good chuckle at your absurd misfortune – pick up sticks and have another go (be aware not to laugh at someone else’s misfortune however as they may not be on the same page).
· Breathe deeply into and from your heart – connecting your heart with the heart of Mother Earth and the heart of Father Sun above. Imagine love flowing freely between you and then begin to breathe this love out to the world. Open your heart fully with the intention of sending out love, light and joy to those who need it most.
· Be generous and give your love and light freely without fear of there not being enough to go around – with an attitude of bounty and generosity.
· Ask yourself each morning in meditation and silent reflection – setting your intention for the day – “How much joy can I bring to the world today?”
· Set about letting go any resistance to joy. Whenever you feel the resistance – the shadow creeping over – clean your energy field – command any foreign energy to move through and away to Sacred Gates into the light and the Heart of Father Sun Rising in the East (remember to close the gates when you finish cleansing) – or down to the heart of Mother Earth below. Gently pull heavy chords of worry, burden, sorrow and regret wherever you feel them and plug them into bubbles and stars of light, delight, love, compassion, wellness, truth, and joy in the World Above where the Ancestors watch over you.
· Take an occasional trip with the sprit of Eagle (I have created a GREAT CD for this purpose) and sprinkle golden stardust and golden seeds of love, light, bounty, and joy from the heavens above down upon your River of Dreams below.
· Call in animal spirits who you see as having a natural spirit of joy, and ask them to walk beside you – ahead of you – behind you – to fly above you, to journey with you to the worlds below to reclaim your joyful spirit.
· Step into the spirit of joy for the day – or put it on over and around you like a cloak.
· Count your blessings, beginning with the food you eat. Eat joyfully, gratefully aware of all the love and labour that has gone into creating the food that nourishes your body.
· Look for ways to show loving kindness – to create joy for those you love – and for those you don’t even know.
· Stay in the vibrational energy field of The True-Heart (supported by being present in the moment to oneself and ones environment) and move away lovingly from the temptation to slip into darkness with the Wounded Heart (driven by regret from the past and fear of the future,
· Walk strongly, aware of your values and your intentions with your eyes wide open to the joys of life (Ahu Ahu – the First Way), knowing who you are, where you have come from, and where you are going (Mea Hui – the Second Way), and stay in the light and your inner power by trusting in yourself and your journey (Mana Wa Hele – the Third Way).
· Stay present – to yourself, in time, and with the people and spaces around you (Ku Ala, the Fifth Way);
· Keep your heart open no matter what (Hamama Puuwai, the Sixth Way) and allow yourself to joyfully dream the life you want and be the best person you can be (Kupaii Wai – the Seventh Way) knowing and trusting why you are and what drives you to live in love, light and joy (Kuke Ana Wai, the Eighth Way).
I trust this has been helpful for you here as I strive to add my little bit of love, light and joy into the world each day. Please help me do this by taking time to share this wisdom that has come through me – and you. The wisdom of The 8 Ways
Much love and gratitude always, and all ways,
More on The 8 Ways here:
(Artwork by Heather Price – 100 Day Mandala Quest of The True-Heart, 2011-12)